There is a reason why I don’t typically say I am going to post something on a certain day of the week. I am horrible at keeping on a blogging schedule. So horrible in fact, that I have a editorial calendar on my desktop that I almost never follow. There are so many reasons why I am a
terrible mediocre blogger, but that is a post for another day.
Today I am telling you how very grateful I am. I may be a day late, but it just gave me one more day to find so many more things to be grateful for.
13. President’s Day- On Monday we spent the day at Sea World. I love taking my children to see the animals, learn about wildlife and watch the absolute joy and wonder in their eyes as they tell me how they are determined to become Marine Biologists and work at Sea World. I love that my kids had the day off so we could play.
14. My children’s school – My kids have such a great school. They have teachers who love them, programs that encourage them to work harder, and opportunities for continual growth. Seth’s teacher from last year was just named Teacher of the Year, and for very good reason. She is amazing and sets an example for all the teachers in that school. They all work so hard to be sure the kids know they are loved and important. I love their school and am so grateful we live where we do so they can go there.
15. Internet – this one may seem like a no brainer, as I am writing on the internet right now, but I am really so grateful for it. I have been online in one way or another since my Freshman year in college – 1995. In that time I have met some amazing people, many of whom are reading this today. I am so grateful for the friendships I have made, support I have gained and given, and opportunities I have been granted.
16. Sunshine – I suffered from Seasonal Affective Disorder for years. It was, on some days, completely debilitating. I couldn’t function, couldn’t do anything I needed to. Not knowing the reason, I failed classes in school, would cry for hours on end, and couldn’t focus. Since moving to Texas 2 years ago, this has all but disappeared. I get a healthy dose of vitamin D and I am so grateful for it.
17. Economics Fair – the 3rd graders at Seth’s school are hosting an Economics Fair on Wednesday. The kids have been learning all about economics for the last 9 weeks and will produce goods to sell to the rest of the school. They have all been working hard on coming up with an idea, creating their product and doing advertising. They get to keep part of their profits and give part to charity. I love that they are getting to learn about this in such a hands on way.
18. Tissue – I have a cold/allergies right now and my nose hurts. I am so grateful that I don’t have to blow it with napkins or toilet paper all the time. I love soft tissue, it makes me happy.
19. My bed – As I sit in my bed and type, I am so grateful that I have a place I can come to decompress for the day. My sheets are soft and worn, my blanket keeps me warm and my pillow cradles my ever growing body.
20. Pretty Toes – sometimes it is just the little things in life that I can find to be grateful for. I love that my toes are pretty right now. I wear sandals 10 months of the year – so pretty toes are pretty important to me.
21. Jeremy’ job – he has a great job, he is valued and enjoys his work. Nothing is more important to me than the happiness of my family. Knowing that he is happy at work, gives me such peace of mind and joy.
22. People who go above and beyond – Everywhere you look you can find them; the people who do more than they have to. They only do it out of the goodness of their hearts and I love those people. Maybe it’s the man in the grocery store parking lot who offers to take my cart, or the receptionist at the doctor’s office who is extra friendly. It could be the old men sitting behind you in church that smile when your kids are being unruly, or it could be the friend who comes over to watch your kids on a Saturday night so you can have a much needed date. It is the little things that really mean so much.
23. Soap and Water – after a day at Sea World, I am especially thankful I can go wash my feet before I crawl into my clean sheets.
24. People who value my skills – This one doesn’t need much explanation. I am just so thankful for those who recognize that I can do something important and good and value that.
What are you grateful for this week?
*For my 36th birthday I am sharing 36 things I am grateful for this month.
Feb 11; 1-12